1. Principles of Management are Universal
- *Management principles are applicable to all kinds of organizations – business & non business.
*They are applicable to all levels of management.
*Every organization must make best possible use by the use of management principles.
*Therefore, they are universal or all pervasive.
2. Principles of Management are Flexible
- *Management principles are dynamic guidelines and not static rules.
*There is sufficient room for managerial discretion i.e. they can be modified as per the requirements of the situation.
*Modification & improvement is a continuous phenomenon in case of principles of management.
3. Principles of Management have a Cause & Effect Relationship
- *Principles of management indicate cause and effect relationship between related variables.
*They indicate what will be the consequence or result of certain actions. Therefore, if one is known, the other can be traced.
4. Principles of Management – Aims at Influencing Human Behavior
- *Human behavior is complex and unpredictable.
*Management principles are directed towards regulating human behavior so that people can give their best to the organization.
*Management is concerned with integrating efforts and harmonizing them towards a goal.
*But in certain situations even these principles fail to understand human behavior.
5. Principles of Management are of Equal Importance
- *All management principles are equally important.
*No particular principle has greater importance than the other.
*They are all required together for the achievement of organizational goals.
Originally posted 2013-10-05 08:52:28. Republished by Blog Post Promoter