117871 Facilitate learning using a variety of given methodologies also known as Train the Trainer course.
Train the Trainer course or facilitator course is a component of continuous professional career development for those aspiring to supervisory or management positions or who is a freelancer, where training is a vital competence. This train the trainer course is often seen as a stepping stone towards enhancing a career in the field of training, learning and development, Human Resources, freelancing as well as supervisory and management roles. This course provides for an introduction to the general principles of learning and development and an insight into the training cycle. The facilitator course is highly interactive and fast paced. Skills on how to prepare, deliver and review training sessions are dealt with on both theoretical and practical levels. This is a challenging and exciting course from which, both participants and organisations gain great benefits.
Train the Trainer course outcomes
- Understanding training needs.
- Identifying training needs.
- Determining the session design.
- Planning and developing a training session.
- Conducting a training session.
- Assessing and evaluating training.
This unit standard will provide recognition for those who facilitate or intend to facilitate learning using a variety of given methodologies also called train the trainer. Formal recognition will enhance their employability and also provide a means to identify competent learning facilitators.
People credited with this unit standard are able to:
- Plan and prepare for facilitation;
- Facilitate learning; and
- Evaluate learning and facilitation.
The following knowledge is embedded within the unit standard, and will be assessed directly or implicitly through assessment of the specific outcomes in terms of the assessment criteria:
- The sector and workplace skills plans.
- At least three methodologies for facilitating learning.
- Strategies, techniques and activities for using the kinds of support materials and/or equipment appropriate to facilitation methodologies.
- Methods for evaluating learning and facilitation.
- Psychology of group dynamics.
- Outcomes-based approach to learning.
- Forms of practice that promote the values described in the Bill of Rights and the principles underpinning the National Qualifications Framework and Employment Equity Act.
Train the Trainer – Getting Started
Do you want your staff to get the most out of on-the-job training? Whether a result of employee or process changes, ensuring your people receive consistent and useful training is vital for the success of any organisation. Effective on-the-job training engages employees and ensures they understand and retain the information and skills required to do their job well. This one day workshop provides the basics in training skills for the workplace trainer. You will learn practical strategies and techniques to deliver training in a way that is meaningful and useful to participants. It includes an insight into the needs of adult learners, and the common barriers and solutions which a trainer may experience during the training session.
The following topics will be covered:
- identifying principles of adult learning
- identifying the training need
- delivering training for the workplace
- tips for using tools and props during the delivery
- the role of evaluation and feedback
- the process of reflection and review.
On completing this course you will be able to:
- understand key adult learning principles
- identify and determine training needs
- employ delivery skills for facilitating to small groups
- understand the role of preparation in training delivery
- identify the function of evaluation and review.